USA sues Adobe over subscription model

Now this is interesting.  It would be fantastic to see the first dent in the ever expanding subscription economy!  However I doubt it will lead to much more than a fine.  

Feds Sue Adobe for 'Trapping' Customers in Long, Expensive Subscriptions

The U.S. government sued Adobe on Monday for allegedly “trapping” customers in its default, most lucrative subscription plan. In a complaint, the Department of Justice (DOJ) writes that Adobe locks customers into a year-long agreement that’s not effectively disclosed as such, and “ambushing” users with hefty hidden fees when they try to cancel.

Adobe lawsuit article

• Like 3

Good to see, their behavior has been really bad.  For example they held off from providing a fix to the running the program on high resolution monitors in CS6 blaming Microsoft for not updating their APIs and didn't fix it till the subscription model came out.  Turns out a simple registry fix made the software usable on such monitors.  I still use CS6, though on my latest laptop with Win11 getting the software to activate has proved a challenge, so I'm trying affinity photo.

• Like 2

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.