Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Can anyone ID these Hydroids?

Started by acroporas ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Can anyone ID these Hydroids?

4 posts
  1. #1 I think these are hydroids, anyone know a name for it? Also, can you recomend a good Hydroid refrence book.

     

    CRW_5138.jpg

     

    CRW_5139.jpg

     

     

    #2 I have seen the ID of this but can not find it now.

    CRW_5180.jpg

     

    Hydroid.jpg

    Edited by acroporas
  2. I think you need a good bryozoan book instead! :D

    There's something similar to the first one called Reteporellina/Reteporella sp in Gosliner, Behrens, & Williams. The other I can't really match. There's a great assortment of identified bryozoan images by Karen Gowlett-Holmes at http://www.civgeo.rmit.edu.au/bryozoa/gowl...es/default.html

  3. Thanks Leslie I think you are right about the first being a bryozoan

     

    I found the second one. That one is a hydroid Aglaophenia cupressina

    Edited by acroporas
  4. It is similar to an Australian species Canda arachnoides ... a key feature is the branches of the bryzoa are connected by cross tubes

     

    HTH

    Lndr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.