Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Help with Anemone & Seaslug ID

Started by acroporas ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Anemone & Seaslug ID

9 posts
  1. Anyone know this Anemone?

    CRW_5187.jpg

     

    Verry comon Seasulg I assume, but I have no pacific Invertebrate ID books so can you help me with this one.

    CRW_5173.jpg

  2. Neither image downloads completely. I can see enough of the slug to think that it's Phyllidiella pustulosa but only the tips of the anemone's tentacles are showing.

  3. Yep, Leslie is right on the nudi., and your first photo doesn't load for me either...

     

    Try again! :D

  4. Dang you are quick! Hit send and blammo there it is...

    i get the whole nudi now but only half the anemone...but i can't find it anywhere in my book Tropical Pacific Inverts....

  5. Sory, they were kinda big. I made them much smaller. Do they download now?

  6. Both images are fine now but I still can't picture id the anemone. It looks very small in comparison to its surroundings - is it really? Which would make it more complicated because we don't know if it's an adult of a small species or a juvenile of a large species. Maybe one of the reef aquarists like James will recognize it.

  7. Yes Leslie, the coral surrounding the anemone is Montipora. So it is a very small anemone. Probably simlar size as a corallimorph. Actually now that I think about it, it may be a corallimorph.

  8. It's not a host anemone - so don't look at me for help...;-) I'm thinking it's not a corralimorph because it has tentacles coming out of the disk.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
  9. To me it looks like the Corallimorpharian, genus Discosoma.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.