Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cheap macro

Started by Decomike ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Cheap macro

5 posts
  1. Hello everybody,

     

    I just started using add-on lenses on the Ikelite House (Canon G2). Because it is hard to get an macro lens here in Holland for the Ikelite house and because the price, I used a macro filter for land. It's a 67 mm +4 dioptrie and here is a example:

     

    145-4529_CRW_RJ.JPG

     

    I nottice that the depth of field is not great. Will this be the case if a use a add-on lens such as Inon or S&S? And what is there magnification?

     

    More examples on duikfoto.com - Pictures Holland - Grevelingen

    29/09/'02 den Osse

    10/11/'02 Kijkuitpolder

     

    Mike

  2. Interesting idea and its look you have really good results with it.

     

    I assume you assemble the filter to the case in the water to avoid a gap of air between the lenses? Or do I wrong?

    Do you see a decrease of the picture quality when you using the macro filter?

  3. This issue came up sometime ago when a poster had mentioned using external diopters that were not specifically for underwater - I had been a little dubious and had plumped for the purpose built INON macro at $150.

     

    After this a freind started making his own holders to fit such "land type" diopters to a P9 externally - I was still dubious until I saw the results recently - I had considered the P9 inferior to the 4040 becuase of the lens and issues on usability - BUT the results spoke for themselves, the macro photos from the P9 using the "land diopters" were better than anything I was taking with 4040 and the INON - they were sharper and multiple dipoters meant they were closer with much more detail.

  4. So far I didn't see a decrease of the picture quality. I'm happy with the results and 30 euro is not bad. Autofocus is limited but still usefull for a great range, you can even use the zoom. And yes I assemble the filter to the house in the water to avoid air between.

     

    I also find out that I can make picture from greater distance with the camera off macro. You are limited but it's possible (autofocus keeps working). Some results you can see on the site, pictures holland, grevelingen, 29/09/'02 den Osse.

     

    Next sunday I will do a test with a +4 and +2 together. This can be to much but you never know. If it's not to cold for my buddy (and me), I will do some test without, +2, +4 and +2+4(=6). Water temperature at the moment is 9 degrees celcius.

  5. Is there a life at 9 degrees Celsius? B)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.