I am specialist in underwater robot for deep operation (up to 6000m).
We are creating a new kind of robot really small (50cm*50cm*20cm) and we would like to integrate a digital camera off the shell in it. This prototype is designed for 30 meters depth rated.
We would like some advices about the best digital camera and particularly about the lenses that we should used.
I am working on the Mardi Gras pipeline in up to 7,000 fsw using the C and C auv for our survey work. It comes with a digital still camera that can take 70 shots and save them. There is no wireless transmission to the surface yet though, which would be nice.
Have you looked through the industry magazines for pressure rated digital cameras? There are quite a few listed.
FWIW, the digital consumer cameras that I am aware of which work with a remote control interface are too big for your application.
Cheers
James
Thank for the advice...
We will certainely make our own housing, because we need a cable to go trough to camera in order to pilot the camera and download in real time.
I am jsut looking for advice about the the lense (viewport).
How difficult will be to integrate off the shell lense with our housing?
what are the specification?
Do you know the name of supliier of manufacturer of lense?
What are the best lense for underwater (price is not an issue)
thks
Sam
Here is a company you could call that will help you in your design.