Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

I'm being SPAMMED from this site

Started by A Langman ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

I'm being SPAMMED from this site

7 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I have just been spammed with a personal message from this site! ;) Please prevent this.

     

    This is the message that I received:

     

    "Hi my friend,do you want find some chance to earn dollars? I can tell you that I can help

    you.I currently do the business of whloesale dvd9,and it is well-made ,the quality is perfect.But it not expensive,it is only $3 per disk.if you instrested about this please

    contact me . My Email address is oucoffee@hotmail.com Trust me ,trust your self ,you can win $$$.

    thanks very much."

     

     

    It was sent by

     

    yilin

     

    Flotsam

    Member

    0 posts

    Member No.: 4,976

    Joined: 24-Aug 05

     

     

    Thanks,

     

    Adam L

  2. Hi Adam

     

    I would imagine James and Eric are asleep at the moment but will look into it when they see this.

     

    Thanks

  3. I got the exact same message. /Anders

  4. Me to.

  5. me too

  6. The spammer is no longer a member of wetpixel. Man he/she must have gone to a LOT of effort to send out those PM's - I'm sure it took time.

     

    James

  7. There is no easy, automated way to spam from Wetpixel. You have permission to send messages to everyone else on the board, but that's it. Perhaps the user had a script that started messaging everyone alphabetically -- I can't imagine it would be worth the effort, especially because we have anti-spam measures in place that prevent you from sending messages in rapid succession.

     

    By default, your e-mail should be hidden from the board. Members can still message you, however, via PM. There is no way for someone to automatically harvest e-mails from the site.

     

    Check your e-mail options here (be sure you're logged in):

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=02

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.