Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

British UW Image Festival

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

British UW Image Festival

3 posts
  1. Thought that this might be of interest to you video guys and gals:

     

    http://www.divemagazine.co.uk/news/article...AN=2438&v=1&sp=

     

    buif_clickhere-150x150.gif

     

    This quote I though was refreshingly different:

    'For a long time, the unsung heroes of the underwater video world have been the resident video specialists employed by dive centres and liveaboards,’ said Colin Doeg, chairman of the judges. ‘They spend so much time in the water that they become consummate divers and often have the skill and opportunity to capture fascinating sequences on video. I think we could be in for a rare treat.’

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. I'll put up a general news item closer to the time. But unlike us stills snappers, I know it takes more time and effort to pull together your entry for a competition like this. Hence the advance notice!

  2. Yep, i think Mark and I will agree that we are heroes of the underwater world...i don't think you need to add the word unsung... ;)

     

    Thanks for the post Alex

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  3. Bloody hell,

     

    Looks as though they want films that were done this year.. I have spent most of this year in my office sorting out last years film ???

     

    Why can't they give a two year leeway like most festivals..

     

    So much for enough notice.. Looks as though i will have to get started with my 'Monster of the deep' production filmed in my bath..

     

    And 5 mins for Amatuers..Pah !!! Thats my opening credits (ha, ha)

     

    Oh well maybe next year..

     

    DeanB

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.