Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Digital camera advice for complete novice

Started by kyryam ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital camera advice for complete novice

3 posts
  1. Hello to everyone - and first of all what a great forum and mine of info. Some advice please - I own a Nikon Coolpix 5600 and have booked a holiday at Akumal Beach in Mexico to do some snorkling and shallow water diving. I am taking the plunge and want to do som U/W photography. Having located a reasonably inexpensive housing for the 5600 - would I be able to take reasonable photos with this camera down to about 15 ft without an external flash etc. Any advice would be most appreciated.

     

    Pete

  2. Hi Pete,

     

    Absolutely! You should be able to get good photos without flash at 15 feet.

     

    You may want to look into a color filter made by UR-PRO to see if it will fit on the housing you bought (you didn't say which housing).

     

    If you get very close (less than a foot) you can also use the camera's internal flash to make colorful photos.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Many thanx for the info James - just what I wanted to hear! The housing I intend to buy is the NIKON WP - CP3 or may even go for the Ikelite housing if the recommendation is strong enough. The only difference I see is the depth rating from 40m to 60 m - Oh and the price of course. I will look into the filter you recommend. Any additional comment on the housing would be appreciated.

     

    Many thanx

    Pete ;)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.