Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Tip for raw files not readable in PS CS

Started by Paul Kay ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Tip for raw files not readable in PS CS

4 posts
  1. If you have a late type dSLR (such as the Nikon D70S) and are still running Photoshop CS which will not read its raw files, try downloading Adobe's DNG (Digital Negative format) converter from Adobe. Convert the Raw files into DNG files which CS can then open. I've just tried this and it certainly works on my mac.

  2. Paul, does this still allow you to change WB etc?

     

    Alex

  3. You can also read D2X raw files with CS...I downloaded all of adobes updates and installed them and now the NEF files show up in the browser.. which I like better than BRIDGE...

     

    M.

  4. Alex

     

    Just tried it again and it seems to import the converted .dng file like any other supported raw file with all functionality. I have another friend (I 'borrowed' a D70S raw file) with a Canon 350D and he will try a file from this too. Seems like Adobe may have a way of enthusing photographers about their dng. format if this is how things continue.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.