Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Oly 4040 w/Ikelite Housing : Strobes

Started by safeTTstop ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Oly 4040 w/Ikelite Housing : Strobes

3 posts
  1. I know all of you guys get tired of questions like this, by people like me who are terrible at research, and don't too much like it...but here goes...any help would be appreciated.

     

    I have a Oly 4040, with an Ikelite housing, and I'm to the point, where I want to take more than just macro shots. I want some fire power....and my BD and Xmas is coming up.

     

    I have read all of your stuff over the past year, but what are your thoughts and recommendations...NOW..on what type of strobes to get that would work with my housing well.

     

    Does anyone out there have my setup and what do you like/dislike about your strobes?

     

    Don't be suprised when you see this posted on Rodales also.

     

    Thanks again.

     

    Cris

  2. Well, you don't get many choices with your camera, since it fires preflash and the ike housing doesn't have a sync cord connection.

     

    You can get one or more of:

     

    Sea and Sea YS90DX

    Ikelite DS125

    Ikelite DS50

     

    The DS125 is the widest angle most powerful strobe on that list. It's also the most $$$

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I have a 3040 with an Ikelite houing and a DS 125 strobe. I had a number of reasons for going that route which I documented at the following URL.

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...aphy/index.html

     

    Bottom line: I am TOTALLY happy with the setup.... so much so that I recently added another DS 125. And now I'm even happier. How good can it get?

     

    P.S. If you get the DS 125 get it with the ball socket arm ... it's a 100 times easier to use than the original arm.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.