Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Macro on 4040

Started by Stefan ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro on 4040

4 posts
  1. Hi!

    I'm looking into getting a digicam and a housing, all my uw piuctures so far have been with a MMIIx, what I have looked at is to get a 4040 (might get a 5050 when they are out) and I see that the closes focus in non macro mode is 80cm. When using my MMIIx I take most pictures at 50cm (fixed range on that camera) and have to change manually to focus at 1m or further away. This is a inconveniance but I can do it with just on button and without looking at the camera, so it is OK.

    Am I correct to assume that I have to click one button to set macro mode and then click the same button many times to go back to none macro mode? Does any of you x0x0 users find this a hassle? or do you take all shots at macro?

  2. If I understand correctly....yes you can turn the macro on and off with one button push. Actually, I think it's 3 pushes...macro, spot macro, off.

     

    It's easily done with my thumb without even looking at it.

  3. Thanx, so it is easy but, do you switch between macro/non macro often or keep one setting all the time except for exceptions?

  4. I stay in macro 95% of the time

     

    Karl

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.