Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

bubble rings

Started by echeng ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

bubble rings

6 posts
  1. Wow, that is cool. The dancing bubble rings. Dont know if it's real but i do know that I can't do it. My bubble rings dont last nearly that long before they break up.

  2. I'm extremely proud of this photo of me that my friend Dave Patchen took:

     

    050813-174946-patchen0019.jpg

     

    .. but only because I'm normally rather inconsistent with them. :lol:

  3. It is definately real, I saw one of the diveleaders from the Cayman Aggressor do this little dance. Told me you had to have the second bubble with more air than the first, but this one video you've got is incredible.

    Edited by JoelD
  4. I have seen this also .. it used to be a big tip earner in cayman a while ago ... i believe it is not to do with amount of air so much as shape or size of ring .. in order to make it travel quicker through water although the second overtaking is probably just luck ..

     

    In the early 90's maybe 80's marlborough had the challenge with smoke rings to get i forget how many but it was like 3 rings through one ring to win a prize .. or the more rings you did .. its the same idea.

  5. sorry, I think the best bubble ring I ever saw from a picture from National Geographic. Can't remember where I initially saw it, might even be a link from wetpixel may be a couple of years ago where it showed a big bubble of whale's fart!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.