Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing for Nikon F4

Started by Water Rat ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing for Nikon F4

11 posts
  1. I have a Nikon F4 camera and I'm looking for a UW housing solution for it. Which housing is recomendable (good value) and where would you buy it (eg URL of online store).

  2. Hi,

    F4 is good but old camera & is not worthy to buy new housing IMHO. I bought a second hand housing from e-bay not too long ago (see film camera discussion). In fact there is one F4 housing in bid in e-bay right now.

     

    Nexus makes good housing & www.nexusamerica.com has good information about F4 housing.

     

    Sam

  3. Hi, welcome to wetpixel!

     

    I also suggest that you look into e-bay. Everyone is upgrading to digital and housings for film cameras in good conditions are selling very cheap on e-bay.

     

    Good luck,

     

    Luiz

     

    P.S.: I am moving this thread to the "Film Cameras/Housings" area, I think you will get more feedback there.

  4. Aquatica and Nexus F4 housings regularly sell on Ebay for <$600

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Thank you Sam and Luiz for your comments. I think I'll try my luck on eBay.

  6. Most F4 housings will now be quite a few years old. If you buy a used one, check first that you can get it serviced and that parts are still available (and easy to get hold of), and when you get it, have it serviced! Prices should be very low as F4 housings are fairly old and obscure these days.

  7. I have a Subal F4 housing with superwide port, manual macro port, auto macro port, ext. port, gears etc. Also have the double handle Subal tray. For the F4 I also have the viewfinder. I need to sell all of these items. JM

  8. I love my Subal for the F4, you might try www.subal.com and check out their flea market.

    Terry

  9. The subal is the best you will love it. Hold out and get it.Mark

  10. I have a Nikon F4 camera and I'm looking for a UW housing solution for it. Which housing is recomendable (good value) and where would you buy it (eg URL of online store).

    I have a Nexus SF housing for a Nikon F4 with the following assessories: Anthis PE-40-2 40 mm Port Extension; Anthis MP-60-2 Macro Port; Wide Angle Port FP-230-2 Large Volume; Wide Angle Port LH 170 F Small Volume; (2) Speedlights, Nikon SB104 with 4 rechargeable batteries, Nikon Quick Charger SH104; strobe extension arms; full set of lens gears; (3) double sync cords; (2) Spotter Lights, Princeton Tec 40; (2) Spotter Lights, Light & Motion Sunray Mod LI ion (new) User manuals. I also have a Nikon F4 camera body, with MF-23 Multi-control Back & DA-20 Sportfinder. I'm 74 and have decided it may not be a great idea to travel to some remote sites at my age. Make an offer. My main interest is to see this equipment used. I have over 10,000 images, so you might conclude that this equipment has been well maintained.

  11. Almost 10 year old post?

    I have both Aquatica and Subal housings for Nikon F4 many ports and parts. if still interested.

     

    email me at flafrof@bellsouth.net

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.