Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Classes for D2x newbie

Started by eprogers ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Classes for D2x newbie

9 posts
  1. Hi! Its the newbie with the new DX2. Took it to Spain last month - fantastic and great fun but heavy. I don't think I will get bored for a very long time :lol:

     

    Anyone know of any classes on using this camera underwater? My previous experience has been with film, a Nikonos IV and Sea and Sea MMII. This camera was expensive - I would hate to make a irretrievable u/w mistake.

     

    The comments seem to be in favor of the Aquatica housing. I need suggestions as to the domes, ports etc I should get?

     

    Thanks again.

    Edited by Rocha
  2. Check out Mauricios classes/trips advertised at the top of the pages. They would not be specific to the D2X but certainly should get you what you are looking for.

  3. Damn, I'm embarrassed.

     

    Our own Alex Mustard is putting on a workshop in the Red Sea and also shoots the D2X. Learning a little from Alex would take you a long way for sure.

     

    Sorry Alex, I forgot.

     

    Todd

  4. Todd, I thought about that too, but last week Alex told me he already has more people interested than places in the boat! That's why I didn't mention it.

     

    I am going by the way! :lol: Looking forward to meeting Alex.

     

    Luiz

    Edited by Rocha
  5. Thanks for the plug, Todd. But as Luiz says it has proved really popular. I am currently in the process of getting confirmations out of those who have expressed an interest (and I want to give those who asked first the first opportunity).

     

    I might be doing something in the Caribbean next year too, but that is still unconfirmed (ideally I only want to do one course a year, but next year it might be two).

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  6. I did Mauricio's Turks & Caicos workshop when I got my D100/Aquatica set-up. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned...both about my D100 underwater but the housing itself since he's an Aquatica field rep....I'd highly recommend one of his workshops. He's also a very DEMANDING instructor so your photos will improve rapidly! Have fun...remember, it's supposed to be a fun sport! :lol:

  7. Hello EP Rogers and the gang.

     

    Thank you to those suggesting my underwater photography workshop.

    Ep : Please contact me for complete 2006 workshop information as well as D2X housing specials.

     

    I look forward to hearing from you.

     

    Mauricio Handler

    mauricio@handlerphoto.com

  8. Hi Folks,

     

    We think it's great that members and dealers and teachers can meet up here in the forums, but please keep the details and any commecial postings to yourselves - by email or private message.

     

    Cheers

    James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.