Anyone know this cute little fella? It is absolutely tiny, about the size of the nail on my pinkie finger (that is seagrass it is on to give you perspective)
About 60 feet in a strong current channel in Yap...
I am thinking Chromodoris preciosa ? but i could be wrong
Considering how large the rhinopores are, and that you said it was tiny, it might also be Chromodoris albonares.
Thanks Julie that could be it, definitely looks like it but....the locations aren't so good.
Can anyone post a photo on that forum?
You should rememer small size is a horrible way to ID something. Everything starts off ~1-2 mm long.
You can send an image from the send message link on the right of the page.
Check your high-res file Mike for the border bands. I can't see enough detail to be certain. There are at least 7 species which look alike with only slight variation in bands & rhinophore color. Juvenile chromodorids have large rhinophores in comparison to the adults (and yours is definitely a juvenile) so that's not a good character.
Hi Mike,
I think you may be correct, but here's one to compare from Kavieng, PNG.