Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea and Sea D60 housing - lenses?

Started by tshepherd ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea and Sea D60 housing - lenses?

20 posts
  1. Anyone know what lenses the new Sea and Sea D60 housings will support? I looked at some of the dealer literature yesterday, but it wasn't really clear at this point what they're supporting.

     

    I'd really like to hear "Canon 28-135", "Canon 16-35", and "Sigma 15-30", but I have no idea. Tried to get an idea from their Canon Rebel housing and got nowhere...

     

    Any thoughts?

     

    Tom

  2. Tom,

     

    Here's a list of lenses you can use with the Sea and Sea DX30/60 housing is the Canon EF50mm F2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro USM, Canon EF 100mm F2.8, Sigma 105mm F2.8 macro lens.

     

    The NX standard flat port should work with the Canon 50mm EF f 2.5 compact macro lens.

     

    For the Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro USM, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 and Sigma 105mm you'll need the NX compact macro port base #56201 and NX Compact macro port [M] 67 #56221

     

    Sea and Sea Japan is developing new focus and zoom gear that should work with the Canon zoom lenses. Just to let you know the Sea and Sea CX's focus and zoom gear is not compatible with the the NX lens port.

     

    Hope this helps....

  3. uh, what about wide angle?

  4. I'd really like to hear "Canon 28-135", "Canon 16-35", and "Sigma 15-30", but I have no idea.  Tried to get an idea from their Canon Rebel housing and got nowhere...

    I have one on order.

     

    Their 8" dome supports the 14mm sigma and the canon 15mm full-frame fisheye. When I get mine (40% chance in Dec, I hear), I'm going to get together with Andy Sallmon to slap port extenders on it until the 16-35L works. I'll post here with what is necessary, of course. :blink:

  5. Eric is correct. The Sea and Sea NX Fisheye Dome Port item # 56401 should work with the Canon 16-35mm but you have to add a Sea and Sea extension ring 40 item # 56111. The only problem is there's no way to zoom in and out until the new line of Sea and Sea DX3060 zoom gear get's released.

  6. My local dive shop has the Sea and Sea DX30/60 housing. I put my D30 with the 16-35L in the housing with the fisheye dome port (#56401). The combo fits very well and I think there is less than an inch of space left between the port and the lens.

     

    Since the 16-35L has internal zoom/focus (i.e. lens front-end does not extend), I assume that the extension ring 40 is optional. However there won't be MF and zoom adjustment if you use this combo.

  7. Ok, so I was looking at underwaterdigital.net and the port listings for the D100, and making the assumption that the lense sizes are similar, if not exactly the same, I have some additional quetions for all of you.

     

    What is the point of using the compact dome versus the fisheye dome when dealing with one of the wide angle zooms?

     

    Is it possible to use the compact dome with something like the 16-35, especially since it's digital and the field of view is cropped a bit?

     

    Thanks for all the assistance...

     

    Tom

  8. So.. .I heard from friend today that the UK Germany zoom gear for the Canon 16-35L lens works with Sea & Sea equipment, and that I should keep mine instead of selling it with my UK Germany package.

     

    I wonder when Sea & Sea will start to make the zoom gear for the 16-35L.

  9. Eric,

     

    Sea and Sea Japan is in the works of developing and producing a new line of zoom/focus gear for Canon lenses compatible with the new Sea and Sea DX3060 housing. Release date has not been announce yet.

     

     

     

    I'll post the info as soon as it's available.

     

     

     

     

    :)

  10. Any news on the zoom / focus gears for the D60 housing?

     

    Also, back to one of the earlier questions, what's the advantage of the 8" fisheye dome versus the compact dome? What lenses would require the larger dome?

     

    Thanks

    Tom

  11. Hi Tom,

     

    So far no word yet on the focus gear and zoom gear for the Sea and Sea DX3060 housing.

     

     

    The advantage of the FishEye Dome port over the compact dome port is it will give you results with no apparent image abberation.

     

    Image abberation is sometimes apparent on the Compact Dome Port.

     

    Happy holiday,

    Allan

  12. So far no word yet on the focus gear and zoom gear for the Sea and Sea DX3060 housing.

    I'm meeting up with Andy Sallmon this Monday, and will test the UK 16-35 zoom gear with the 8" dome and port extender. I'll let y'all know what happens. :)

  13. Looking forward to see the results and good luck. :)

  14. Thanks for the info Allan.

     

    Tom

  15. Sea and Sea DX30/60 focus and zoom gear are now available. See chart below. Still working on the wide angle chart.

     

    macro

     

    dx3060macrochart.jpg

     

    zoom

     

    dx3060zoomchart.jpg

     

    :)

  16. Allan,

     

    Great info...

     

    Is it possible to use any zoom lenses with one of the dome ports if you add a diopter?

     

    Thanks

    Tom

  17. here's the chart for the wide angle port for the Sea and Sea Canon D30/60 housing

     

    dx3060widechart.jpg

     

    :)

  18. I just talked to Eric at Sea and Sea and he claims that the macro zoom lenses are still not supported by Sea and Sea USA.

    Bill

  19. Which macro zoom are you thinking of?

  20. I just talked to Eric at Sea and Sea and he claims that the macro zoom lenses are still not supported by Sea and Sea USA.

    Bill

     

     

    The macro zoom gears are available through Sea and Sea Japan only:)

     

    Allan

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.