Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Anyone using Wacom Tablet?

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone using Wacom Tablet?

3 posts
  1. Does having a Wacom tablet improve ones ability to utilize the features of Photoshop? Any specific areas where I could gain from having such a device?

  2. Hi:

     

    I've got an ancient Calcomp 12x12 inch Drawingslate for the desktop, and a Wacom Intous 4x5 for the laptop computer. They are excellent tools to work with when using Photoshop. They really speed up the digital burning and dodging process, as well as any other action that requires a sweeping motion to make a selection, draw a line or twisting, pinching, or swirling an image.

     

    When it comes to image enhancement, they are really hard to beat. About the only thing for freehand image manipulation that could be better would be a Wacom Cintiq where you actually draw with the stylus on the image screen in real time. The Cintiq's only real major drawback is the price as they cost just about the same as some cameras and underwater housings combined.

     

    Most drawing tablets or slates come with a mouse for clicking on menus and basic program manipulation as well.

     

    Once you try it for a short while, you will wonder how you ever got along without one.

     

     

    Poliwog.

  3. I have the WACOM 630. I just do cropping, sat, color, spotting and file conversion (am not very computer literate I am afraid - dont even do layers). After a week I gave up becuase I found the mouse easier to use (maybe because I am just used to it)

     

    paul

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.