Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

American Airlines Weight Restriction

Started by dmoss ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

American Airlines Weight Restriction

3 posts
  1. I don't recall seeing this in the forum before...it so, forgive the repeat.

     

    Effective October 1, 2005 American Airlines has lowered it's 'free' weight restriction to 50 pounds, down from 70 pounds. There is a $25 charge for any bag from 50 to 70 pounds. There are details in the new rules.

     

    Here is American's announcement.

  2. I'm not sure if this is a 'change', but I noticed something that makes things a little better:

     

    For flights wholly within the United States and between the United States and Canada

    The maximum weight per carry-on bag is 40 lbs/18 kgs.

     

    ...

     

    For flights to international destinations

    The maximum weight per carry-on bag is 40 lbs/18 kgs.

     

    ~Matt Segal

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.