Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CS saving

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CS saving

6 posts
  1. I was working on a file and go to do the save as and only have about 5 file type options. TIFF and RAW are two of them but no JPEG. Usually I have about 20 different options.

     

    What has happened? Did I hit a wrong button and not realize it?

     

    Thanks for any insights

  2. I have two guesses as to what your problem is.

     

    1. You have multiple layers. You have to flatten the image before you save as jpg.

     

    2. you are in 16bit mode. you canl only save 8bit files as jpg.

    Edited by acroporas
  3. I'll bet it's 16bit :(

     

    Karl

  4. You probably have a 16bit file. You can't save those as JPEG. You'll have to convert it to 8bit under Image>Mode, then you'll be able to save as JPEG

  5. Thank guys, yep 16 bit. Why this one turned out that way in the RAW conversion is beyond me as I don't switch it.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  6. There is also the "save for web option".

     

    This will work even when working in 16-bit mode (it will of course convert the file to 8 bit but you can still save the "original" as a seperate tiff file.

     

    It has some nice extra features like resizing etc. which makes it an almost one-stop operation with the added advantage of the possibility to save presets.

     

     

    Pieter

    post-4329-1132437019_thumb.jpg

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.