Hi Nic
Strange thing though with this method the PAL and NTSC mpeg 2 files that I made play the exact same speed and length when watching them side by side on a twin screen computer? On the TV I cannot pick the difference in speed except the PAL is progressive and the NTSC ends up interlaced.
The file specs are:
PAL 50 720/576 @25 fps progressive
NTSC 60 720/480 @ 29.97 fps interlaced
The DVD player and TV tells me the NTSC is NTSC and PAL is a PAL signal.
I messed around with Procoder 2 but in the end did not like the frame blending on movement that showed up on certain scences. DV Atlantis dropped the quality to much. Magic bullet took forever and ever and ever and ever and so does twixter.
Video Xpress was very good but frame stutter on certain shots, abit like procoder.
Sony Vegas took forever to load up, install this reboot, install that, reboot, download this, reboot, download the updated download, reboot, then the trial would not register because my computer clock was set to a wrong time. When I did get it loaded up, it was so strange to use. So back to Premiere Pro, straight forward and easy.
Give it ago and let me know what you think.
Wags