Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Get Lost! Magazine

Started by anthp ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Get Lost! Magazine

16 posts
  1. OK, time for my first shameless self promotion post :)

     

    I don't think this mag reaches the US yet, but it is available in the UK and Australia. My girlfriend and I (my goodness she is a GREAT writer - and I'm not even biased :)) have a couple of articles in the latest edition of Get Lost! magazine.

     

    They both have a diving theme, but only one has UW photographs. I've posted some small jpegs to give people a feel for it. I know, I know, bubbles in the shot...

     

    Article 1 is on Piccaninnie Ponds in South Australia (attached) and article 2 is on the Belizean Island of Caye Caulker.

     

    Ok, feels better to have that off my chest :(

     

    post-2831-1132788658_thumb.jpg

  2. And yes, that is a self portrait ;):) B) :)

     

    All shots taken with a borrowed Fuji F810/Fuji OEM housing, INON AD105 and INON D2000 for those interested. Still waiting to house my D200, which incidentally, I'm still waiting to buy... ;):(

     

    post-2831-1132788819_thumb.jpg

    Edited by anthp
  3. I like that first shot .. i think the bubbles add to it somewhat helps it feel underwater ... or deep ... good job.

    and congrats on the shameless self promotion ...

  4. I like that first shot too. Great image for editorial.

     

    Alex

  5. Congrats on getting published! I like the first shot a lot.

     

    Luiz

  6. Thanks Giles, Alex and Luiz - much appreciated!! :)

     

    You can prob see the similarity to my avatar...

  7. oi hoy! Well done Anthony, and congrats to your girlfriend as well.

     

    Great job, and of course nothing wrong with self promotion. Mustard does it all the time... :(':)'

  8. Thanks Mike. I'll pass it on to the GF, but I must say there was a bit of crack-down recently - someone was spending waaay too much time playing with their online friends (you guys) and not enough GF time. She even knows all your names and hasn't actually visited the site...

     

    "Oh Mike...Is he the guy living in Yap" - Yep says I.

     

    And just so you others don't feel left out, she is well aware of Salty Dog (although we call you Luiz from Panama), Mustard (BBC guy with D2X) and Giles (although she used to be a bit frightened by your old avatar with the tongue :)).

     

    So anywayz, some of you might have noticed I went through a bit of a quiet patch there. Probably for the best - she really is lovely and I tend to get a bit addicted to playing on here.

     

    And yes, you are right about the Mustard, but he often does actually have something to crow about...

     

    And when are we going to see another Asian Diver cover matey? I reckon it's HIGH time they had a manta on there and who better...! Another pipefish would do too - wicked shot.

  9. Speaking of Asian Diver....

     

    I have an 8 page article in the next issue. Its on sharks in French Polynesia. SHould be out next week.

    Does that mean you missed my AD cover with the manta from Dec/Jan 05? I will dig it out...

    But...my next cover will be out in Jan...keep your eyes pealed to this section....

     

    And ya, Giles little slideshow avatar scared me too!!

  10. Awww man, I did miss your AD Manta cover - you should post it here for continuity!

     

    Really looking forward to your Polynesia article. Geez man. You do lead a hard life. B)

    Edited by anthp
  11. Your wish is my command....If you look closely you can see my arm reflecting in the frame.... :(

     

    And here i was giving Alex a hard time about self promotion.... :)

    post-2598-1132818854_thumb.jpg

  12. Congrats! like the shots there.

     

    btw: my wife also know a lot of the names here without one visit here (only sow selected photos from time to time) :)

  13. Nice cover shot Mike!

     

    So, my name made all the way down to Australia! Now I will have to visit you guys... Tough life!

     

    :(:D

     

    Luiz

  14. Love to see you Luiz - just remember it might be a bit chillier than you're used to :D

     

    But I'm sure you're tough :(

  15. Hey Anthony...don't suppose you want to move somewhere a little warmer? Like say Ningaloo? That way we will all want to visit. You can work for Alcina!

  16. I could easily be convinced mate. Now if someone in WA Fisheries is reading this...I am a senior fisheries planner in Victoria looking to broaden my horizons. :( Could also go and play with alcina too.

    Edited by anthp
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.