Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

X-mas present

Started by apete ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

X-mas present

6 posts
  1. I'd like to give money to some organisation that help protect the environment I enjoy.

     

    I give them money on behalf of somebody else. That someone should get a book or something - it should be a present for them as well - preferably with some nice pictures and a description of "what the money does".

     

    Any suggestions?

  2. No suggestions but it is a great idea, and I look forward to the replies!

  3. Great idea... I've been struggling to come up with presents and I think I just found a perfect one from Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (http://www.seashepherd.org) :

     

    Gift Memberships

    Sea Shepherd gift memberships make a unique birthday, wedding or holiday gift. Your donation of US$25.00 or more entitles the new member to receive a subscription to our bi-annual newsletter, the Sea Shepherd Log, and he/she will be eligible to apply to crew on one of our vessels. Please provide us with the name and address of your gift recipient so that we may send a special packet including a Gift Notice, a recent issue of the Sea Shepherd Log, information on current marine conservation issues and a Sea Shepherd Classic Decal. If you donate by credit card online, please be sure to send an e-mail to donations@seashepherd.org with the recipient’s information

     

    Along with a t-shirt and/or poster from http://store.estreet.com/seashepherd/Searc...ategory=Posters

     

    and maybe a picture or book too... not sure from where though

  4. The Nature Conservancy also has a gift membership program.

     

    TNC - Website Home

    TNC - Join and Donate

     

    There's also a "Rescue a Reef" program, with proceeds this year dedicated to helping conserve coral reefs in Indonesia. Gift recipients get a one year subscription to TNC's magazine (which is a good one) and some kind of certificate.

     

    TNC - Rescue the Reef Donation Program

     

    TNC is currently involved in five major coral reef marine protected area (MPA) programs in Indonesia - Komodo National Park, Raja Empat Islands (not yet an MPA), Wakatabi National Park, and Derawan Islands (Kalimantan, also not yet an MPA) plus education and planning programs at Kimbe Bay (New Britain) in Papua New Guinea - and the Solomon Islands.

     

    TNC's Coral Triangle Center (which is located here in Bali)...

     

    TNC Coral Triangle Center

     

    ... The reports section contains some very useful reports and articles on the field projects and related subjects.

     

    Frogfish

     

    P.S. I should also clarify here that I work for TNC as a consultant on the Komodo project - the Komodo Collaborative Management Initiative - a seven-year project supported by a US$5 million Global Environmental Facility grant from the World Bank (and TNC matching funds) to make Komodo National Park financially self-supporting through eco-tourism.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.