Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Caribbean Nudi

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Caribbean Nudi

4 posts
  1. These small aeolid nudis are pretty common in the mangroves in Cayman. You can see several on a single snorkel. They are pretty small (<20mm). I have never had a decent Caribbean nudi book, so I don't know what it is.

     

    Alex

     

    cay_nudi.jpg

  2. I know, I know. So exciting. I never know the inverts posted here.

     

    Berghia verrucicornis

     

    It is a very sought after species in the aquarium trade because they feed on a prolific anemone that is a pest in poorly maintained aquariums.

     

    See http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/...ature/index.php

    Edited by acroporas
  3. Thanks William. I know Giles photographed several too on that day. Maybe he has some pix too?

     

    Alex

  4. I don't have any worth showing as my Macro at the time was on my Oly 3040 which was not that close especially on these hard to focus small guys. Maybe I should go in the mangroves before it gets too cold again :(

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.