Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Card Readers

Started by scottyb ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Card Readers

3 posts
  1. I have been using a very compact Butterfly Media card reader. It has worked fine until I started taking large TIF and RAW photos. When I tried to download and open a file, it showed the file to be "broken or unreadable". My CF card is a new 512mb 25x and I was suspicious of it, but when I connected the camera directly to the computer, it worked fine. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

     

    Also has anybody tried the firewire port to download files from the camera and if so, is it a lot faster?

  2. I use a Lexar firewire CF card reader, and it screams. Going back to USB would be painful... :blink:

  3. Eric,

     

    Have you compared the 1394 reader to a PC card reader?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.