Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

HOW HAPPY ARE YOU

Started by AndyBarker ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

HOW HAPPY ARE YOU

9 posts
  1. Here is a little question,

     

    How happy are you with your'e camera?

    Why do I ask this, Well I am reasonable

    new to underwater photography & I have

    a D70. Which is a exellent camera & has

    got great write ups. I know technology

    moves on & cameras are no different but

    it seems when new camreas come out the

    ones in use now are not good enough & everyone

    strives for the next best thing. Are you unhappy?

    Please feel free to add your'e points.

    I know looking at alot of your'e images, there are

    some exellent photographers out there.

     

     

    Andy :D:P;):)

  2. I was happy with my Canon Rebel untill it was stolen. I will be happy with my 5D untill it is no longer functional.

  3. I'm never happy. I always want more. Right now I'm wishing a D2h was more beatable.

     

    All the best, James

  4. Sure, i would love something better than my D70 but! it takes good enough photos for publishing and there is no way in hell that i can afford to upgrade so i will continue to use it for years to come.

     

    M

  5. i was happy with my cp8400. now i am happier with my d70. ill probably be happiest with a d200.

  6. I think that it is easy to get misled by forums, especially those dedicated to kit as the raison d'etre of the forum is to discuss the latest cameras. But if you actually see any of us on a dive boat we are usually pretty happy!

     

    Improving your underwater photography skills is a much more effective way to improve your underwater images than buying the latest and greatest camera.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  7. I might add to Dr. Mustard's comments that taking lots of topside pictures (particularly in your are of underwater interest, ie. macro, or landscape or whatever) is probably one of the best ways to become a better photographer. I know in my case taking some classes in macro photography particularly of flowers and playing lots in the studio have made a big difference in the quality of my UW pics.

     

    Bill

  8. When I bought my first underwater camera (nobody laugh) a SEA&SEA MX10, I loved it. Then when I was given and old Ikelite housing and bought my Nikon F2 to go in it, I loved it. Now I have a D70 and I love it!

     

    What I noticed, is as I used each camera system over time, and learned and became more experienced, were the shortcomings of each camera system. So I moved on. I still love that old F2, but there are things I want to do photographically that the D70 allows me to do and the F2 does not. Enjoy and learn with the system you have and move up when you need/want to, to grow your photographic abilities in the direction you desire.

     

    Best,

    Kathy Mendes

    BTW...SEA&SEA MX10 for sale. Cheap. :-)

  9. I am totally happy with my Canon 1Ds MkII in its Seacam housing (I know...for the price, I SHOULD be happy). However, FWIW, if I were looking at cameras right now, I would buy a 5D, which is considerably smaller, lighter, and still has top-notch resolution and features for far less money.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.