Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica 5000 and vignetting

Started by spicoli ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica 5000 and vignetting

3 posts
  1. Has anyone experienced vignetting while using the dome port for the Nikon 19mm lens on the 5000 housing?

     

    There is a noticeable alignment problem when I put the camera in the housing yet all the buttons function perfectly (why does the shutter button have to be so darn hard to push). The camera visibly leans off to one side and the length of the lens exacerbates the problem.

     

    Also I'm running firmware 1.7 and I seem to have an extraordinarily long shutter lag. I thought 1.7 fixed this?

  2. I think the main reduction in the shutter lag is while the camera is in review mode you can keep pressing the button and it will use the previous focus etc to take the subsequent shot. Not a significant reduction in lag for the initial shot i believe.

     

    As for the dome port, I am not sure as I use the external wide-angle.

  3. I think your first course of actions would be to contact Aquatica with your question.

    Blake makes very nice equipment and I’m sure he could answer all of them.

     

    Marc

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.