Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

I'm sick, real sick

Started by dawktah ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

I'm sick, real sick

4 posts
  1. After returning from the British Virgin Islands on Sunday I have come down with a nasty cold as of yesterday. I know it has been mentioned over and over about getting sick from the flight but I was wondering is there any way to get sick from the tanks or dive boat? My symptoms are more sinus than normal, my whole head feels swollen, ears now aching, along with the typical runny nose and sore throat.

     

    My fiancée and I took Airborne before both flights so I was just wondering since this herbal product normally worked for flights.

     

    I also had a chance to use the Magic Filter will post in "Lighting"

     

    --Chris

  2. Hi Chris,

     

    I think you started developing the cold during the trip, and the actual diving (not the air or the boat) made it worse. You don't really feel it during the trip, but when you get back it is really strong. It happened to me a few times.

     

    Just relax, rest, post lots of pics here, and you will be back in business in a few days.

     

    Luiz

  3. I've had the same (very unpleasant) experience, agree with Rocha. There's not much that's worse than getting sick during or coming off a dive trip. Some dive instructors maintain they get worse colds than anyone else - and they may be right.

     

    Frogfish

  4. Getting sick on the flight is can happen because of everyone so close nothing to do with air circulation. We have red tide here in Florida which depletes oxygen in the water killing fish and can be make cold symptoms worse. If they have anything like that there that could be it - watch the sinus for infection.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.