The Xth UW World Championship was held last September 2005 in the City of Estartit, Spain. It was a film competition. The next will be a film competition too. It will be in South Korea. It will be the XIth Competition.
But it will be the last one.
The 2007 World competition will be held in Italy and will be reserved to digital equipment.
This transition is also under way in many countries. One of these days there will be dificult to find a still film competition going on...
Thanks for the announcement, Carlos.
Marcelo Krause, said something about it in a thread a while ago, but it was in the middle of a lot of other discussion, so it is good to give this announcement its own thread. It is a good step.
Now they need to do something about the judges! Only joking. I'll just apply for an Italian passport.
Alex
Well, I've to agree that it seems CMAS contest is not really an worldwide representative. But I think it's the only one trying to be worldwide representative.
Do you know any other worldwide competition?
The 2006 Competition will be in South Korea. It´s outside Europe
And I guess when full digital they'll have a Brazilian Competition on the Atlantic Ocean's Island of Fernando Noronha. Just guessing