Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikom coolpix 5000 or 5700?

Started by wetshutter ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikom coolpix 5000 or 5700?

2 posts
  1. I am considering buying a digital camera for us U/W. I had a Fuji Pine pix 4700 but wasn't successful in getting a decent U/W housing. Now I want to make sure that I get the right camera. Can anyone comment on the Nikon coolpix 5000 and 5700?

  2. James has used the CP5000 and some others have the setup. I think the CP5000 is currently the best non-SLR solution for underwater at this time.

     

    There are many housings to choose from (including but not limited to Ikelite, Aquatica, Subal, Light and Motion). The CP5700 is limited to Ikelite.

     

    The Nikons have the advantage of being able to utilize existing TTL technology. Any TTL strobe may be connected via synch cord to the camera.

     

    While the zoom of the CP5700 is greater, it is not without problems when placed in a housing.

     

    Ikelite's comment on CP5700 provides more information.

     

    The disadvantage of the CP5000 was its inability to shoot RAW format. This has now been eliminated with the latest firmware update.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.