Hello everyone,
I have been scuba diving for a couple of years, and am just now able to start going to places with sealife worth taking pictures of. I have taken pictures topside for years with a 35mm SLR as an amateur.
Well, I just got back from the Bahamas and found out I wasted a lot of money developing my pictures taken with a cheap 35mm underwater camera. So, I've decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and buy a decent digital camera...so I only have to develop the pictures that turned out great.
I have seen some people on the board recommend a couple of different cameras...and I have no preference so far. I know that I do want the ability to shoot in RAW...and I had rather have something that will focus fast. I will never blow anything up bigger than a 8x10. I know I also want at least a 5MP. It would be great if the camera had a lot of expanability.
Along with the camera...I would appreciate any recommendations as to a housing. Also, any recommendations for future accessories I should buy in the near future would be a great help.
I mainly want to take great pictures to show my family and friends what they are missing underwater.
Jonathan
Thanks in advance...I