I have recently purchased a D70s. Ikelite housing and DS-125
i did have a 8080 it took a while to figure out the best setup
What basic setup would you recommend for the D70s
Thanks in advanced
Read-only discussion
I have recently purchased a D70s. Ikelite housing and DS-125
i did have a 8080 it took a while to figure out the best setup
What basic setup would you recommend for the D70s
Thanks in advanced
First and foremost shoot RAW it gives you the ability to correct minor exposure problems and to change the white balance during post processing.
Second ditch Picture Project and download Nikon View from the Nikon website. It's free and a vast improvement. You should also look into buying a proper image processing package like PhotoShop if you don't already have one.
I use the vivid setting for the picture setup this does make a difference when using Nikon View but not when using PhotoShop.
For white balance I use flash if I'm shooting with flash and either Preset or Shade for ambient light. During post processing I also try the other built in white balance options if I'm not happy with the colour tones.
I've always shot macro on manual as I don't have a TTL strobe. For Wide angle I often try the program mode. I use centre weighted metering as I find that matrix doesn't cope very well when you've a main subject near the centre and a background that you don't want to light.
I hope this helps.
Peter Schulz has superb information on the D70:
http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...ettings_d70.htm
http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...s_d70_notes.htm
http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall..._nikon_ittl.htm
Excellent info on Peter's site although I do disagree on a couple of points. I wouldn't use ISO 400 as standard use ISO 200 for the best possible results but don't be afraid to use 400 or higher if it gets you the shot and 200 won't do it.
I use dynamic area focussing and set the focus point to suit the subject rather than limiting myself to the central area.
Underwater I use the camera menu to make adjustments rather than trying to use a button and wheel combination. I use the button on wheel on land where it's makes life easier but underwater it's just to cumbersome.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.