Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon Coolpix 5000

Started by dolphin67 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon Coolpix 5000

5 posts
  1. Hello to everybody,

     

    I am new to this forum as I am to U/W photography. I own a pentax optio 330, but as far as I am concerned there is no custom-made housing available for this camera and there is no possibility to connect a strobe. During my last holidays I have tried a borrowed Sony DSC P5 (?) in a Sony Marine Pack and was surprised by the quite good results (apart from the fact that the pictures where all green and blue due to the fact that I had no strobe connected to the camera), but I would like to do better pictures.

    I have read about the Nikon Coolpix 5000. Do you think that this is a sensible choice for taking underwater pictures, or would you suggest another camera? I have also found quite a lot of housings, e.g. by Sealux and Aquatica. Can anybody make a recommendation? The advantage of choosing a Nikon camera for me would be that I also own an SB 25 strobe, which could be connected to the camera (if there is a housing for the strobe).

    Or does anybody think it would make more sense for me to take my old Nikon F-601 underwater as a start (which I would rather not like to do, because I think I prefer digital photography)?

    I know these are loads of questions, but maybe somebody has an answer to one or two of these.

    Thanks anyway

    Frank

  2. I just did a search on this site using "Coolpix 5000" using the search feature above. Here are the results - literally HOURS of GOOD reading for you:

     

    Coolpix 5000 Postings

     

    Click there and then select some of the posts that look like they have good information.

     

    This is an excellent camera with many housing choices in a wide range of costs.

     

    HTH

    James

  3. I have a bit of experience with a Nike V, but decided to get a cp5000. I am a new Ikelite dealer and of course got their housing. It is a WONDERFUL housing in both design and ergonomics. And Ikelites demonstrated committment to the customer is priceless.

     

    Denny

     

    www.cd-diving.com

  4. FYI.......Recently I was in my local camera shop and the manager showed me a Pentax Optio in a housing. He said the housing was made by Pentax and it was rated to 200 fsw. It retailed for $250. It did not have any way to attach a strobe to it though. He showed me since he knew I was into UW photography. I didn't give it much of a look since I just bought an UW system and was not in the market. Might be worth a look to you????

     

    Sandy

  5. With it's wide angle lens and inherent macro capacities I think the CP 5000 is the best choice in consumer digital cameras. Dosen't mean that other cameras won't do well and doesn't consider economics. But if you are starting from scratch that is where to look first. :ph34r:

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.