Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Is there a place where people post their videos?

Started by Thebes11 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Is there a place where people post their videos?

5 posts
  1. I like to look at lots of videos as well as post mine to be critiqued. I've noticed there is a lot of this for the stills, I used search to find if there is one place where people put video links, but I had no luck. Just wondering.

    Edited by Thebes11
  2. There have been a few, but not many, video clips posted. The biggest reason why is the size. Video clips are too big to attach and have wetpixel host, and will eat up a ton of your monthly bandwidth allowance if you have your own hosting service. But if you can host it, feel free to post either here, photo gallery showcase, or in image improvement center I would love to watch your video.

    Edited by acroporas
  3. I like to look at lots of videos as well as post mine to be critiqued.  I've noticed there is a lot of this for the stills, I used search to find if there is one place where people put video links, but I had no luck.  Just wondering.

     

    The best stuff I've seen is by wagsy here - in HD.

    http://www.exmouthnavypier.com/Hi%20Definition.htm

     

    There's some on digitaldiver.net, mostly Papa's (the moderator of the video forum) Check out the dolphins and the tigersharks.

     

    Also there's a thread with links on the scubaboard video forum:

     

    http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=109933

     

    I just read in Scubadiving that they're now allowing you to upload videos to your Diver to Diver account in your My Stuff area. Not sure how you find them there.

     

    There's also quite a few at video.google.com. I search for diving, even though it will return clips about skydiving etc, it seems to find the most u/w clips that way.

    Edited by sjspeck
  4. I post on digitaldiver and on d2d and I get excellent advice there, but I'm always looking to see other video and get advice from as many sources as possible. I'm new to the video thing and have been striving to get my videos as professional looking as possible. In reading the posts here, it seems there are a lot of people who post here that are "in the biz" so to speak. I'll check out the scubaboard thread.

     

    Thanks.

  5. although I'm known as freediver for shooting stills, I am also going to put my $0.02 worth here regarding this topic.

     

    I'm the one man operation called UnderWater Digital Video (UWDV.COM)- the 2006 Biz plan I have includes offering to selected members streaming video available for posting on the net. I'm currently looking into co-location of a dedicated server and anyone interested in strictly video underwater, I invite all u/w video shooters to come by and participate if you feel like adding to your bookmarks.. :) - and moderator, if I'm out of line, please PM me to let me know...

     

    Cliff

    Edited by freediver
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.