Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

mistake on D70 image setting

Started by l.babcock ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

mistake on D70 image setting

7 posts
  1. I made a mistake on my image quality by seeting it to normal jpeg instead of raw, I got some really good shots and whould like to blow up to a 16x20,how do I make the image any better, it seems to have some grain in the pic even on a 4x6 print, the focus and exposure are perfect.

     

    Larry

  2. It's will be better to ask this question in the 'Image Processing....' forum, but don't worry one of the moderator will probably move it there :)

    To the question, maybe you can try to use one of the programs that 'clean' the image from noise, there are few in the market like the 'Neat Image' and the 'Grain Surgery' that I likes most.

  3. What is the major difference between normal jpeg and fine jpeg

  4. Only the compression. You shouldn't see grain on D70 pictures, especially at 4x6, unless you photographed in high ISO. What ISO did you use?

     

    Luiz

     

    P.S.: Following Arnon's good suggestion I moved this topic to the Image Processing area... :) It will certainly get more attention there.

  5. It WAS SET ON 200 ISO, HOW WOULD THE NORMAL JPEG LOOK AT 16X20

     

    Larry

  6. Sorry about the caps

  7. Its strange but a lot of times I also find some noise in places that I don't understand why it there.

    Larry, you can always edit your messaged after you posed them (I do it a lot because of my poor English :) )

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.