Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Length of USB Cable

Started by denny ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Length of USB Cable

2 posts
  1. Hello-

     

    My wife gave me a Epson 2400 printer as an early Christmas present(or should I say Holiday present) and it will need to be place some distance from the computer. How long can a USB cable be without degrading the signal or print quality??

     

    I hope this is the correct forum for this question. Nobody else seems to know so I was hoping I can find the answer here.

     

    Enjoy the Season :)

  2. It depends on the signal from the computer and the quality of the cable. I have extended USB over 30 feet with mixed results. 25 feet with a VERY high quality cable has almost always worked in my applications.

     

    That said, if you get a good cable and limit yourself to 15 feet, you will NEVER have an issue. A few extra dollars for the cable is well spent.

     

    A lot of my applications could be called "bleeding edge".

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.