Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

USVH housing and lites for HC!?????

Started by jfloyd00000 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

USVH housing and lites for HC!?????

4 posts
  1. I have a Sony HC1 and I bought it with the intentions of MWB, It seems like it may or not be possible with Manual controls, but I wanted electronic controls. So anyway, has anyone had experience with the USHV housing and how do their lights compare with the Halogens and HID. Their website is informative, but I would like others opinion. Thanks

    Jim

  2. Well, I guess no one uses this combo, thanks

  3. Hi floyd,

     

    Actually pretty sure you may be right. Can't think of anyone who does have that combo.

     

    Still pretty new on the HC1 so give it some time.

     

    As for their lights, you might want to start a new post with just USVH lights in the title and not mention the HC1, you may get more replies that way

  4. I've not used the USVH with their fluorescent bulb lights on the HC1. But I have used them with the TRV30 and 50 series. The controls and build quality are ok. It's inexpensive and quite durable and lasts several model generations due to the generic config. The lighting system was adequately bright with higher color temps. It is the typical flatport WA lens config of many other housings. My friend and others I've talked to swear by Warren's( the owner) service.

    My dislikes of the housing is mostly handling issues. The monitor is flush against the plexiglass rear bulkhead. So you are limited in what angles and how you can shoot. The lights are attached on top with a flimsy turning arm and due to the buoyancy of the housing, the balance is top heavy and a handful unless you use ballast weight. This is of course based on an older model (2003) housing. I have no idea if it's been improved or changed.

    Hope this helps.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.