Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Greece is the word !!!

Started by DeanB ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Greece is the word !!!

5 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Can anyone out here confirm this ??

     

    A friend of mine has just said to me that the Greek goverment is or has lifted restrictions on diving around their waters. :)

     

    This to me is fantastic news as I am a massive lover of the greek Islands and have dived a few of them. Often I was told about all types of wrecks that are out of bounds to the recreational diver.. I have noticed over the years the marine life making a come back to the tourist areas let alone places that are not on the list..Should be good. :wacko:

     

    Has anybody any clues on the news or even the best Island to get to (as I haven't had a chance to visit them all).. B)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  2. I didn't even know they were closed for diving. Is this to avoid artifact hunting? I am not really aware of what happens in the diving world outside the tropics... B)

  3. It was news to me too that they weren't open! I had a good holiday in the summer on Kefalonia in the Ionian Sea. People were diving there. I was trying to do the Family Holiday things and resisted the temptation.....

  4. Hi all,

     

    Not all Greece was closed for bubblemakers.. Just the best bits.. <_<

     

    It's because a lot of us have a bad rep for pinching stuff. Not me folks I hate thieves :):wacko:

     

    I have dived a few of the Greek Islands and off the Mainland (Halkidiki). since 1998 and each time i see more and more critters. Last i heard they found a Junkers Stuka dive bomber off the coast of Crete. Apparently Greece could be the next wreck divers heaven. Sort of.. Truk / Red sea without the corals..

     

    But then again as the seas warm..you never know. :o

     

    I will report more as and when I find out.

     

    Dive safe and responsible

     

    DeanB

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.