Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

newbie

Started by bfisher ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

newbie

3 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I'm kinda new at this photography thing. Right now I have a Sea&Sea MX-10. Just a generic 35mm camera with a strobe. Most of my pics suck, plane and simple. Is digital that much better?

     

    I'm considering going digital soon so need all the help I can get. From what I gather one of the downsides of digital is shutter lag. I see that Sea Life has a DC 500 that has it down to .17 seconds. I've read good and not-so-good reviews about this camera. Can anybody shed a little light on things and/or make any suggestions as to what a decent camera/strobe, etc would work well?

     

    I am in about the $1000 range or a little less if that helps.

  2. HI,

     

    With to days technology shutter lag is not so much of

    a problem, most are so fast that you will not miss the

    next shot. you just need to shop around to find what

    camera is in your,e budget, their are alot to look at

    & also what options are available, like add on lens.

     

    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR,E CHOICE.

     

    Andy :ph34r: :) :ph34r: :wacko:

  3. As Andy wrote, shutter lag is not a big issue anymore, its still there but it is much short in the modern P&S cameras.

    At the end digital is more o less as film cameras but (and its a big one) most of the digital P&S have much more control options then the analogs P&S cameras and what is more important is the imidiate feedback that you get on the LCD, there is no better way to improved and make the learning curve much faster.

    Edited by Arnon_Ayal

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.