This may be helpful for people with Light & Motion Bluefin HD, Amphibico Phenom, and others, to change how they view their monitors. Amphibico is making a US$900 (approx.) monitor prism, and not sure what L&M is doing. Here is a simple method for a do-it-yourself monitor prism for less. Edmund Optics is a great source for Prism's, and in particular, the Pentaprism. I'm going to order two of the larger Pentaprism's, and glue them together with Optical Adhesive, and figure a simple way to mount them over the monitor window on my Bluefin HD housing. If it works, this would be a great option for people who don't want an external monitor, or a dealer priced prism. Would be interested in others ideas.
Dan
That's an pretty good idea. One of the biggest drawbacks of Sony is that the zebra markings don't show from the RCA outs. So an external monitor is not for adjusting exposure accurately.
When I first saw the Amphibico solution , I thought it was very smart. I was going to buy the housing just for that!
Dru, very good point about the zebra stripes, and another good reason to view the camera's monitor directly. Does anyone know anything about the Amphibico prism? Pretty sure it has to be a pentaprism. Any info would be great. Maybe it would even fit on L&M.