Just reading a few different forums and some of the above water users of the HC1 / A1E seem to think that a wide angle lens helps with the low light sensitivity of the CMOS sensor..
Anyone have any Idea's on this..If its a possibility then how about the 0.7x sony wide angle on the camera before it goes in the housing. Anythings better than nowt..
Has anybody got an Idea of the time scale of the Amphibico 'EVO' for the A1E reaching our shores (UK) I need to start filming in Late JAN.. Other wise I'm hiring Doug Allans Z1E for a week..??
Also video light options..Greenforce vs Amphibico vs L&M vs Fa-mi. HID vs Halogen etc.. If there is already a thread please direct me ??
Dive safe
Dean (happy new year) B
That's an interesting assertion. If there's any gain noise it should be present whether a WA is used or not. If anything, a WA lens that's not retrofocus will cause a drop in light.
Also you may wish to look at the S&S HC1. Optically it is equivalent to the L&M (flat port) and it does have WB for the A1. And it is available now.
Cheers Drew,
I have never heard any reviews on S&S products..? What about additional lenses.? do they accept Fathom Imaging for instants.?? What about the after sales service etc..
Dive safe
DeanB
Only thing i can think of that would improve the quality is that the WA lets in more light and therefore the camera is using a higher f stop...
Other than that....beats me!
I think Drew made a sticky on lights at the top of the page didn't he?
I don't use so no comment from me...
Hi Mike,
Yeah that was the general jist of the conversation on the other forums..?? But then again a wide angle on the housing would do the same???
You don't use lights ???
Dive safe
DeanB
Ya, no lights. I have a set from the old days but they don't fit on the Gates or the Phenom, just little L&M guys with about 45 mins burn time. Used em a few times for a mandarinfish dive or 3.
Mostly i shoot WA stuff and just rely on the manual WB. Sometimes lights would be nice for stuff under ledges etc or on the backside of a wall on the other side of the island from where the sun is (for near/far stuff) but lights are too freaking expensive so i don't bother.
Still have about 2 years of payments left on the Phenom, never mind lights!
From my impressions using the HC1 above water with a wide angle, I'd say the added glass negates the addtional light that's captured. I use a 0.38x wide.