Anyone know of a housing for Fuji's S602 camera?
Thanks,
BP
Read-only discussion
Anyone know of a housing for Fuji's S602 camera?
Thanks,
BP
My friend has one, I am chasing him for details which I will post in Prefered Cameras in this section.
Zillion makes one for the Fuji 601. Digideep has a bit of info on it. Not sure if it's the same as the 602. ![]()
Just adding to what Eric has mentioned: Here is a reply from Mark in UK
First, just to be clear, my camera is a FinePix F601, not an S602. But assuming that's still relevant, I got it from a company called Zillion. They have a web site but it's all in Japanese! Pictures of the FPLude housing for the F601 are available at http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~zillion/FinePixF601/index.html.
Tech spec is:
FpLude Housing for FUJIFILM FinePix F601 Zoom Digital Camera
Precision injection molded polycarbonate housing. Full access to camera controls. Wide range of accessories.
Includes: housing, spare o-ring, grease, user's manual.
Price: JPY 52,800 FOB Japan
Specifications:
Materials: Polycarbonate body, Acrylic LCD viewing window & lens port window, stainless steel latches.
Size: W95 x D80 x H120mm
Weight: 400g
Maximum Depth Rating: 60m (195 feet)
Features: Strobe diffuser, 1/4-20" threaded tripod mount hole, strap eyelet.
Color: clear
Controls: Power ON/OFF, Shutter Button, Multi-function Button, Mode Switch, Cancel Button, Flash Open Button, DISP Button, Strobe control lever
Please advise if you have further interest; or, contact Marine Camera Distributors since they will probably be handling the U.S. distribution. www.marinecamera.com
The above info was supplied by a chap called Mark Rupert who is a useful English-speaking contact with Zillion. He's got e-mails at mrupert@rseco.com and a "mobile" e-mail address at rse@gol.com. I got an invoice from Mark R and then actually ordered the housing through a chap called Nami Sakamoto on nami@rseco.com by mailingcredit card details (in two parts for security). The housing arrived about 5 days later!
The Y53K price equated to £265 at the time (about £270 at today's rates), though I don't know if the Yen price has stayed the same. By the time shipping, VAT, import duty and duty handling charges had been added, the total cost to me in the UK was around £365.
A few words of caution to prospective buyers. As you know I was delighted with the housing on the whole for the sort of "snapshot" photography I do. But it's not perfect, and probably not even very good if you're a "serious" underwater photography. The main drawback is that once the springs on the control buttons bed in, the water pressure soon starts to depress them. That makes something of an art form to jog the rocker button correctly below about 15m or so. As you need to do several jogs to switch to macro, this can be tedious. And once the springs lose their edge, deeper than about 25-30m the shutter button doesn't release fully and you can't take more than one photo until you come shallower. Also, while fairly close-up macro is very good with excellent depth of field, the lens tunnel tends to obstruct the flash path to the subject casting a slight shadow, and you get a noticeable darkening towards the bottom of the frame.
But having said all that, for most of the photography I do, it worked well and gives 100% control of all camera functions. It's compact, rugged, and easy to carry. I have no regrets about buying it at all.
Cheers,
Mark.
I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but the fuji finepix F601 and S602 are two totally different camera's. The S602 is an slr like and won't fit in the housing of a F601 compact like camera.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.