Hello-
I am having a real issue trying to get printed output to match what I see on my monitor. I have calibrated with the Spyder Pro and outputting to an Epson 2400. HELP ME
Thanks
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by denny ·
Read-only discussion
Hello-
I am having a real issue trying to get printed output to match what I see on my monitor. I have calibrated with the Spyder Pro and outputting to an Epson 2400. HELP ME
Thanks
there is no easy answer, color management has a lot of factors involved.
first thing to remember is that it will never be a 100% match, it's RGB versus CMYK, so certain colors simply can not be reproduced.
What application are you using?
What does the epson sw do in terms of color management?
Did you profile the printer only once or did you make profiles for every paper type your printing on?
etc, etc.
here's a very good document from Gretach Macbeth that will give you some insights and will probably also get you in the right direction.
Pieter
You probably have done this before, but just in case, here are some recommendations (assuming you print from PS):
1 - Check that you're using the correct monitor profile, and that images imported into PS are converted to that profile (in Color Management).
2 - In the printing menu, make sure to select "perceptual" and tick Black Point Compensation in the rendering options.
3 - Also in the printing menu, within the printer properties, you should deactivate the printer's colour management functions (under the Advanced tab). Otherwise, there'll be a conflict between PS and your printer driver.
4 - Finally, make sure the right type of paper is used (e.g. premium glossy, etc.)
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.