- 11Posts
- 11Replies
Read-only discussion
Sea Slug ID
-
-
It's looks to be Euselenops luniceps. The animal is slightly scrunched up but you can see the characteristic triangular outer edges of the head on the right side of the animal.
-
Thats the one! Thanks Leslie

cheers
Leander
-
yep - nice finding - very rare seaslug
-
I don't think it's rare, perhaps just rarely seen. The animals spend a lot of time buried in the sand & usually only come out at night in the sort of soft bottom areas most divers don't bother with.
-
Definitely rarely seen ... though now I know it has been snapped in Jervis Bay before by a friend of mine ... http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=10022
Thanks again Leslie for the ID!! It makes it so much easier to track down info! There is some good stuff on Euselenops luniceps burrowing on the seaslugforum ... http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=euseluni2
In the photo the slug is just about to disappear into the sand ... thats why it is hunched up in the photo ... it dug its "nose" in and was gone :>
cheers
Leander
-
-
here are the 2 only specimens we could photographed:
Nice set of behaviours in those shots


I like your site, am trying to set up something similar (though smaller!!) for our dive club, so that people can ID their critter discoveries more easily. I have been using iMatch categories and a modified web gallery script. Do you mind if I ask how you built / maintain your list of species?
cheers

Leander
-
sure

-
-