Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Comcast high speed internet and snapfish

Started by ce4jesus ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Comcast high speed internet and snapfish

7 posts
  1. Just thought I'd share with you that Comcast is offering free server space (unlimited) to share photos. The hosting service is provided by Snapfish....no pun intended. In any case its quite handy with todays file sizes. The only drawback I've seen is the user has to enter some information to view the online photos and I'm sure will be bombarded with spam from Snapfish. However, I don't think its a bad thing because they offer prints for 12 cents a copy for a 4x6. Overall, its an excellent deal. My wife and I just did some portrait stuff with 3, 8 x 10s and 3, 5 x 7 along with some 4 x 6...all for under $20 delivered to our doorstep. I don't think I could have purchased the material for that amount. B)

     

     

    Later,

    Gary

  2. Ok old guy dumb question. We have Comcast so if I load pictures to Snapfish can I then place links to the photos here? Meaning the photo will show up not just the link?

  3. No....In order to post them here you need to use the "attach" feature. Before attaching your photo to your post you'll need to downsize it quite a bit using an editors resize function. All people get here is a link. All they can do is look at the photos through the link you provide.

  4. Unliminted ...... I wonder if they would change their mind on that one if try to back up my 200+ GB of pictures on their server? LOL

  5. At 80Kb/sec upload, it takes nearly a month to upload 200GB. :) And if you have an asynchronous broadband connection (as most of us do), you'd saturate your incoming bandwidth as a consequence.

     

    That's why remote storage doesn't work these days. We need faster pipes!!

  6. Ok old guy dumb question.  We have Comcast so if I load pictures to Snapfish can I then place links to the photos here?  Meaning the photo will show up not just the link?

    Assuming you have access to a static location for the images on Snapfish, you can just use the IMG tag to inline images. You don't have to "attach" them. But I'd assume that most photo sharing sites use dynamic URLs for images, which we don't allow here.

     

    If you do this, you should inline reasonably-sized imagea (web-resolution). Do not attempt to inline huge images. :)

    Edited by echeng
  7. be your own boss. get your own domain.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.