Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Sea Flea

Started by Lndr ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea Flea

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I guess I don't really expect an ID on this beyond its an amphipod of some kind ... but around here you never know!!

     

    ... its more a wow to the critters you see (or don't !?!). This hitchhiker would have been a great subject but I have to confess I didn't see it until I was topside :lol:

     

    cheers

    Lndr

     

    post-1321-1137369029_thumb.jpg

    post-1321-1137369063_thumb.jpg

  2. Your first expectation was right! It's an amphipod & there's not enough visible even for family. I know I'll only get sneered at if I send it to a pod person & ask for an id. <_<

  3. I know, its a terrible photo :lol::lol: I was so happy to see the Okenia ... I didn't see anything else :lol:

  4. Not bad at all for an extreme macro & especially for one that was focused on something else! Even if the pod was in focus it probably couldn't have been id'ed. After all, this is a group where the mouthparts have to be dissected & examined with a microscope, and 2 species may be separated on the basis of having 5 or 6 leghairs! :lol::lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.