Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop CS2 Dumb Question

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop CS2 Dumb Question

13 posts
  1. Is there a way to burn a cd from Photoshop? If so what are the steps?

     

    Thanks!

  2. Sorry, you cannot burn a CD from CS2.

     

    Photoshop Elements (3 or higher) will create slideshows and burn CDs of slideshows. But CS2 does neither of these.

  3. Is there any way to batch convert NEF files to JPG's in CS2?

     

    Joe

  4. Yes. :-)

  5. Cheeky!

  6. ACDSee 8 has a built in CD -DVD burning Option

  7. Cool. Now the hard part....HOW? Specifically, to avoid the short answer, what are the physical stepa? If you'd be so kind.

     

    Joe Smoe

  8. Here's what I do..

     

    First start Adobe Bridge. Select all images you want to convert. Then go to Tools->Photoshop->ImageProcessor. This will show you a menu that will allow you to do all kinds of things with the images you selected in the Bridge, including conversion to other formats.

     

    If I recall correctly it will use your default CS2 Raw settings to do the conversion.

     

    Cor

  9. Thanks Cor.

     

    Joe - I was just jerking your chain with that one word answer. I didn't intend to leave you hanging. :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  10. I know, that's why I didn't reach through the monitor and throw that cream pie at you :D

     

    No worries.

     

    Joe

    Edited by Kelpfish
  11. Well I think you can burn images to a CD. Now we have your basic HP Desktop with a CD burner and DVD burner, seperate "drives"

     

    Forwhatever reason this worked:

     

    Put maxell CD-R in our DVD burner

     

    Picked an image

     

    Made it jpg

     

    went to Save As

     

    In the Save In: "box" I hit the arrow and choose DVD RW drive E:

     

    give it a title with a .jpg ending

     

    change format to jpg

     

    and hit Save button, and it burned the disk no problem

     

    Put it in my old laptop which just has a CD reader in it was able to pull up images and work them in Photoshop.

     

    So did I really burn a CD? or just put a DVD on a CD?

  12. well, you did burn a disk, but Photoshop had nothing to do with it...

     

    The OS of the computer handled that. Also, using Windows to burn in this way can be pretty unreliable. Not saying it won't work (as you have shown), but it would be better to save to a file and use your CD/DVD buring software to make the disk. this will almost always make a more reliable, more compatible disk.

  13. Also you could only burn one jpg to one cd this way, I believe.

     

    On a Mac we can make "burn folders" to save to, that are aliased to the files or smart folders that look for various criteria such as .jps and date created to gather all of the .jpgs you made today to burn. Then you actually can burn a disc from the set-file-get-file menus, or a contextual menu.

     

    But it'll be another couple of years for Windows to catch up... :-)

     

    Jack

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.