Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
V-MP3H Multimedia Storage & Player with screen
Started by Reefkeep ·
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
V-MP3H Multimedia Storage & Player with screen
-
-
Looks pretty good, although about twice as much as the Xdrive. The key advantage I see is the ability to view the images either on the lcd or on a TV monitor, and expand the hard drive to any size you want. You can even use it to view your images on the plane or dump them while on the dive boat.
I'm using an Iomega Fotoshow. It's pretty slow and frustrating to use in slide show mode. It "was" state of the art when I bought it two years ago, and is ideally sized for my 256 mb cf card. The best part is the almost unlimited expandability with removable disks. I don't mind the ~40 minute wait to dump an entire 256 mb flash card as I can just leave it and do something else in the interim. Absolutely critical though is the ability to view the images and confirm that the dump was successful.
How do you confirm that the images are on the x-drive? Can you connect it to a TV like the photoshow or V-MP3H Multimedia Storage & Player?
-
hmm. It looks like it's more than 3X the cost of the X's Drive.
It does a lot more, though. You can't confirm anything on the X's Drive. You just copy and pray.
-
Does anyone had a bad experience that the copying of the images to failed without knowing that with the X’s Drive or the others bank images?
-
alto,
I used the image tank with Zero problems, my guess is the same company makes both products.
Does anyone know if you can delete from pictures while viewing them on the V-MP3H Multimedia Storage? If so that would make it worth it for me. I really dislike taking the laptop but on the other hand I need to see what I have captured.
The product is much more costly than the image tank and xdrive but it's a drop in the bucket when you think what we spend on lenses, housings,strobes,BCs,computers, Nitrox fills, HP tanks, Boat payments and other addons we don't even think about.
-
Eric,
I came up with the 2x x-drive price just by comparing prices on the link included in the original post. They had the x-drive w/o HD at $130 and the v-MP3H at $300 which is only slightly more than 2x. I think you said you got your x-drive for $80 w/o the drive? I wonder if there are better deals out there for the V-MP3H?
Chris
-
One more thing I noticed about this player. From the description, it looks like you can only view your images if you shoot in JPEG format. For anyone who shoots movies with their digicams it will play those if they are in MPEG format. So if you are shooting RAW or TIF format you can't view the images directly. There is probably a way to view the filenames and sizes thgough which would be confirmation enough.
On the plus side, you can listen to your MP3's on the thing as well.
Chris
-
Has anyone seen this anywhere else. I was looking to find one in Canada.
It looks pretty good.