Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Sponge, algae or what ?

Started by cookmedoc ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sponge, algae or what ?

4 posts
  1. Dear all,

     

     

    This "thing" is about 8-10 mm in diameter, 30 cm long, at the entrance of a small cave, 12 m deep, Mactan Island. No idea what it is (apart from the sponge).

     

    923483.jpg

  2. Looks like the sponge is growing on the stump of a gorgonian to me. Although it possibly could be a severed cable (man made).

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  3. Sorry, I'm not good with any thing lower than worms! Is the bright blue color animal or could Alex be right & the blue color is oxidized copper wire?

  4. Possibly a cable with a sponge around. I didn't touch it, but when I see it again I'll feel how it feels.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.