Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

I know it as a tiger anemone

Started by Lndr ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

I know it as a tiger anemone

6 posts
  1. For years I have known this guy as a Tiger anemone. All us divers around JB know it as such ... but now I need one I can't seem to find a scientific name for them anywhere. Do they have another name in the rest of the universe? Do they have a scientific name??

     

    cheers

    Lndr

    post-1321-1138853753_thumb.jpg

  2. It's a Nemanthus, maybe annamensis. I don't know what's in your neck of the woods....

  3. Thanks Leslie,

     

    Local folklore has it that its a visitor on the warmer waters of the EAC - which would make it a GBR / Coral Sea regular. From personal observation it is very seasonal.

     

    cheers

    Lndr

  4. Thats the one ... Nemanthus annamensis

     

    :D Thanx :D

  5. Thanks Dave,

     

    So much easier to find info when you know its name :>

     

    How did you go with the T5?

     

    cheers

    Leander

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.