Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

WA lens alignment

Started by root_se ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

WA lens alignment

3 posts
  1. Hi!

     

    I have an Ikelite housing for my Sony DSC-W12 and I'm adding a WA lens.

     

    How important is it that the camera lens i exactly in the center of the WA lens? My lens is of by about 1-2 mm.

     

    /Martin

  2. Hello Martin

     

    The proof will be in your images, take a few test shots and see how they come out.

     

    not sure what wide angle lens you have or how it fits on the housing.

     

    dont be too over critical prior to a test.

     

    If you happy with what comes out of the test, then be happy with you setup.

     

    if the lens can be used on land try shooting a plain brick wall, and examine that on your PC take a good look all around the edges for vignetting (dark shadow).

     

    you might find that it only appears in one place, this will be the result of your displacment, But dont get it confused with total lens Vignetting as would occur with most digital compacts when a 0.7x converter is added, you always normally need to zoom in a little to get rid of the vig as its simply because your angle of view now exceeds your housing angle of view.

     

    regards

     

    craig

  3. The lens is an Olympus PTWC-01 (x0.6). It can only be used under water and I'm still waiting for my 67mm adapter to my Ikelite housing so I havn't been able to test it yet.

     

    It has been out of stock since december... :angry:

     

    I'll have to take it to a indoor swimming pool to test it when the adapter arrives. There should be a nice square-pattern on the bottom. We have about 30 cm (1 foot) of snow here (witch is rare)... To cold in the ocean...

     

    I'll get back when I have tested it.

     

    /Martin

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.